September 2018 Minutes

COLEBY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Held at The Village Hall Coleby on Tuesday 4th September 2018 at 7.30pm

MINUTES

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: Cllr Jamie Cartwright Item 4 (l).

PRESENT

Cllr Karen Playford (Chairman), Cllr Graham Brown, Cllr Jamie Cartwright, Cllr Huw Davies, Cllr Alan Vivian,Cllr Andrew Long, Cllr Jo Shaw, District Councillor Marianne Overton, District Councillor Cat Mills, County Cllr Ron Oxby, Sue Makinson- Sanders (Clerk)

APOLOGIES: None.

16.25 PUBLIC FORUM

The 50mph limit on Rose Cottage Lane was raised given it is a single track road.

ACTION: SMS

A resident reported the street lamp a street lamp on Rectory Road is out.

Act of Remembrance at the War Memorial on the 11th November to take place. Details to be sent out.

ACTION: SMS

16.26 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 17th July 2018

Cllr Playford requested approval of the Minutes. Proposed by Cllr Davis and seconded by Cllr Playford. These were approved by all councillors present. Cllr Playford signed the Minutes as a true record

16.27 Clerk’s Reports

a) Agenda sent to all on Parish Mailing List and placed on the notice board and website.

b) Wellhead Repairs:

(i) Grants update – Tesco Bags application in the system but no decision as yet. Application to Wren being considered 05.09.8

c) Best Kept Village Competition: Awaiting results of judging.

d) GDPR Policies/Councillor Emails – item carried forward. Clerk and Data Protection Officer progressing matters

ACTION: SMS

e) Rectory Road Street Light Replacement: Highways have stated path not wide enough for the new pole that would be required for power supply. Cllrs to consider PIR Light/timer as on church gate. Quote to be obtained and Highways to be contacted to raise this again.

ACTION: SMS

f) NKDC Open Space Strategy: No further comments from Councillors

g) District and Parish Councillor Elections: The next elections are the 2nd May 2019. Nominations begin around 15th March and to be in by 3rd April 2019.

h) RAF Centenary Event: To celebrate 100 years of the RAF, the vote for Women and the end of World War 1. The Cliff villages hosting various events. Councillors approved suggestion that Coleby’s event be combined with the monthly library/coffee morning on 10th October. D Cllr Marianne Overton and Cllr Shaw to liaise.

I) Speed Indicator Device: Bracebridge will arrange for purchase and host the device. It will rotate through the villages fornightly. Site’s for positioning to be determined.

ACTION: SMS/JS

j) Volunteers for Village Organisations Campaign “Your Village need YOU(TH)”: Cllrs approved the holding of an event for all villagers aimed at the younger members and new residents to encourage more volunteers for village organisations. A resident suggested that the Welcome Pack could be used to emphasise what happens in the village and the need for volunteers and welcome anyone wishing to assist. Provisional date 1st December 2018. Face to face event to enable dialogue with residents.

k) Park and Stride: Cllrs approved letter to be handed to school for distribution to parents and school to be approached to consider another 2Golden Boot” scheme.

ACTION: SMS

l) Village Dog Issues: Cllr Playford is having to replace doggie bags very regularly. Cllrs approved an email be sent to remind residents to take their own and that those provided by the Parish Council are for emergency use. Problems with loose dogs on the Hilltop causing problems with dog walkers on the Viking Way were raised. Cllr Cartwright has this in hand and will fence off the top of the field. He stressed he is happy for residents to use the field as previously but will fence for safeguarding reasons.

ACTION: Cllr JC

m) Soap Box Challenge 2020: 2018 was very successful. Cllr Long and Cllr Vivian reported the final figure raised for charity was £7500. Good sponsorship and good promotion for the village. Thanks were given to those who helped and supported the event. The intention to hold an event in 2020 is there but not yet finally decided. VHC aware of numbers and impact on residents.

16.28 PLANNING:

a) Dovecote Lane Development: FOI request not dealt with adequately. Wall not in compliance with Plans. NKDC to be contacted again. District Council Planning Department has to be accountable.

ACTION: SMS/DOC

b) Tree Works Application 13 High Street – Granted

c) Planning Application The Kitchen Nocton Heath

18/0977/FUL 3 Dwellings, Local residents against. Pending.

d) Planning Application – The Kitchen Nocton Heath

18/0975/FUL 8 Industrial Units – pending

e) Tree Works Application – Crown Reduction 5 Church Lane – pending

f) Tree Works Application – Crown Reduction 1 High Street – pendsing

g) Tree Works Application – Crown reduction 1 Far Lanepending.

16.29 POLICE MATTERS:

a) Police Report: No matters of crime to report since last meeting.

b) NHW Report –Number of alerts for scams but otherwise quiet.

16.30 DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORTS:

Apologies from Councillor Oxby for late arrival. Plannign issue woith Dovecote Lane discussed and repeated with Cllr Overton. Cllr Overton and Cllr Mills will take this issue up with planning.

ACTION: Cllrs Miils/Overton

Planning – Rendering sites at Norton Disney and Skellinghtopre being considered. District Council has recommended refusal of applications.

Affordable Housing needed. Lafford Homes, which is owned by NKDC, building properties. Profits to go to fund local services. Leisure and Heritage Weekend being held 1st weekend of September.

Cliff Cluster – Bracebridge to purchase and house Speed Indicator Device.

Centenary Events – Coleby 14th October at Library/Coffee morning.

Courses available and some funding on how to attract volunteers to organisations.

The Development site at the Kitchen Nocton Heath is an issue.

Open countryside, safety of access to A15. Part is brownfield site. New houses increase intensification on site. Existing bungalow was permitted for security reasons.

Local government is being reviewed. Local residents welcome to comment on review. The NKDC Plan and Financial Strategy under review. Parish Council will consider and respond.

16.31 CEMETERIES

a) Lowfields:

i) Tim Walker to trim exterior of cemetery hedges.

ii) Car Park Weeding – Cllr Cartwright will spray off and then it can be weeded.

b) Far Lane:

i) Burial Request Miss Ann Pilsworth. Clerk researching burials.

iii) Memorial for Freda and Francis Wilcox. Cllrs APPROVED book style stone but RESOLVED not to approve coloured design. Would approve design etched in stone without colour. Clerk to respond to request.

ACTION: SMS

16.32 FINANCIAL MATTERS:

a) Payments to be made:

i. Coleby Village Hall - £20.00 (Meeting 4th Sept 2018)

ii. Clerks Salary £ (Sept/Oct 2018)

iii. Anglian Water Lowfields Cemetery £4.50 pm

iv. Grass cutting July 2018 £304.00

v. Cllr Playford Reimbursement Dog Waste bags £8.49

vi. Dean West Litter Picking Sept/Oct 2018 @£30 pm £60.00

vii. Donation to British Legion Poppy Wreaht £50.00

Payments proposed by Councillor Shaw and seconded by Cllr Cartwright. All Councillors APPROVED

b) Payments received:

i) Litter picking grant £95.34

ic) Balances: Cooperative Bank £11,973.85 as at 28.08.18 Nottingham Building Society £383.26

16.33 REPORTS FROM VILLAGE ORGANISATIONS

a) Church: Still awaiting quotes for quinquennial works. Main work will be south aisle roof. Arrangements in hand for harvest festival and tea. Reverend Michelle Godbold returns from maternity leave at the end of October. Thanks to the rev Cameron Watt for standing in for the past year.

b) Village Hall – AGM 13th or 20th November to be confirmed. Successful car boots. Coleby Ball is virtually sold out. 24th September is deadline for applying for tickets.

c) Coleby School: No report as only returned today after summer holidays

16.34 CORRESPONDENCE

a) None

Meeting closed 10.10pm

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 6th November 2018 at 7.30pm.